I wish to thank my friend and inspiring author, Tammy Banks, (http://tjbanks927.blogspot.com/ ) for nominating Gwynn’s Grit and Grin for the Liebster Award.
I am pleased to announce that we have won an award for this blog. After receiving the award, Tammy Banks, the author of Sketch People passed it on to us. This award is normally given to bloggers by other bloggers, and we are honored to be part of this tradition.
- Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Pick 5 – 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate and ask them 11 new questions. Do not re-nominate the blogger who nominated you.
- Go to each blogger’s site and inform them of their nomination.
11 Random Facts about Myself
- I loved to tease my brother.
- I was exceedingly quiet and shy in school, BUT look at me now!
- German Shepherds are my favorite dog, as I have owned four.
- I love to dance: square dancing, ballroom (cha-cha, rhumba, swing, waltz), country 2-step, and just plain funky!
- I HATE hardboiled eggs to this day, as they made me vomit when I was a kid.
- My first job, at nine years of age, was babysitting four kids. I earned a whole $0.25 per hour!
- I loved swimming and body-surfing. As a teenager, I nearly completely lost my two-piece swimsuit top, when it snapped, in teaching a boy to body surf. I lucked out as I caught it before it floated off.
- A high school friend created false I.D.’s for four of us, so that we could go dancing at the Hullabaloo Club in Hollywood. In those days, you had to be 18 and we were 16 nearly 17 at the time.
- I LOVE to read, all genres, but especially romance and mystery. I am a romantic!
- The type of music I play depends on my mood!
- Supposedly, I was named after a Welsh town… I just can’t find that town
Questions Asked by Marie Lavender
Name three secrets you never told anyone.
- Hmmm, I just told you about my dancing at the Hullabaloo Club.
- I received an A+ on a high school social studies paper, but the teacher wouldn’t give the paper back to me for fear someone would cheat and use it.
- My brother had a suicidal tendency, but I’m the only one who knew and watched out for him.
If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do.
Breathe a huge sigh of relief, pay bills, bank the money, and share some with each of my children.
Looking over the last ten years, what is one goal you have achieved and one that you have not achieved?
I am just figuring out who I am as a writer and what I want to write. I have published a few small articles. Then I have realized some big mistakes I have made in my life due to my passivity. I am working at changing that about me.
What are your plans for retirement? And will you travel, if so where and why.
In essence, I am retired, but I’m working at changing that situation. I have traveled in my life to Europe. If I travel now, it probably will only be around the Northwest. I would like to travel to California to see the museum about my family that I didn’t know existed, until recently.
Favorite drink on a Friday night?
Geez, it has been so long since I have had a drink on a Friday night, I couldn’t tell you. However, periodically I do like a glass of wine.
What do you think the secret is to a good marriage or relationship with a significant other is?
It helps to have some common interests and good communication skills. Oh yes, understanding and humor… the ability to play and have fun together, as well as work toward mutual goals.
Name three words that describe your personality.
Respectful, humorous, and persistent… I would sneak in spiritual too.
Home-cooked meal or take-out?
Definitely home-cooked… BUT, what about GOING OUT? 😉
When was the last time you blogged and what was the topic?
Yesterday I finished the 2014 A- Z Bloggers’ Challenge. I can’t believe I succeeded in completing it!
What do you think the key is to happiness?
Learning to be Proactive in life and looking for love, respect, and humor. Humor can get one through some really tough times.
Who is your favorite poet and why?
Sadly, I’m not a huge poetry fan. Therefore, since I love humor, I would say my favorite poet is Dr. Suess.
In keeping with our theme, I have decided to nominate these blogs.
My Liebster Nominations
- Patricia Garcia http://www.patgarciaandeverythingmustchange.com/
- Kimberly Kay http://amomspointofview.com/
- CJ Schwartz http://cjswriting.wordpress.com/
- Charlotte Comley http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/
- Cecilia Clark http://ceciliaaclark.blogspot.com.au/
- Bridgina Molloy http://the40plusteenager.blogspot.ie/
- Michelle Stanley http://writer-way.blogspot.com
- TaMara Sloan http://www.talesofapeedeemama.com/
- Debi O’Neille http://debioneille.blogspot.com/
- Glenda Cates http://mommiesreviews.com/